Read hundreds of stories about river topics
Take our Encina Plastics Plant survey
Songs of the Susquehanna Feedback open
Take our online 2023 Susquehanna Survey
Shirts, CDs, books, Hats & more at gift shop
Sign up for updates via our email newsletter
The Riverkeeper team
John Zaktansky has been the Middle Susquehanna Riverkeeper since Feb. 17, 2020. Find out more about him and his efforts to protect and promote our river-based resources here. Send John an email directly by clicking here.
Our association's board of directors share a strong passion for the Susquehanna River and its tributaries. Find out more about each of our board members here.
Our coverage area
We serve an 11,000-square-mile watershed defined by the North and West branches of the Susquehanna River and all the tributaries that feed it.
How to contact us
The Middle Susquehanna Riverkeeper Association office is located at 112 Market Street, Sunbury, PA 17870. The phone number is 570-768-6300. Our email is email@example.com
How to get involved
There are many ways to help our efforts to protect and promote the river-based resources of our greater watershed. A few of them include:
- Consider making a financial donation to fund efforts to pursue polluters and engage the next generation of stewards via a variety of programs.
- Stay educated on important topics with articles, videos and other content produced by our Riverkeeper team via our rolling online blog feed.
- Share with us your passion for the river by taking our online Susquehanna Survey, which includes helping us better pinpoint issues and available local resource and support.
- Consider donating your time as a Susquehanna Steward, a network of volunteers that help provide the eyes and ears of our watershed.
- Follow the ongoing regular series of Middle Susquehanna Riverkeeper podcasts, sharing the stories of local people who share a passion for the river and its inhabitants.
- Share images and descriptions of the fish you catch via the Water Reporter App and the interactive map shared here.
- Consider purchasing official Middle Susquehanna Riverkeeper merchandise at our online gift shop, with all proceeds going back to important needs of the association.
- Find out about our new HERYN (Helping Engage our River's Youth with Nature) program offering field-day fishing and kayaking instruction for young people in an effort to spark a passion for the outdoor.
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel's growing library of locally produced educational videos featuring tours of local waterways and hands-on experiments you can do at home with the family to learn how to protect our water resources.
CHAMPIONING CLEAN WATER ACTION FOR a
swimmable | Fishable | drinkable Susquehanna river
Will you be a Susquehanna Neighbor and support our clean water work with a one-time or monthly/sustainable donation?
Middle Susquehanna RIVERKEEPER® is dedicated to protecting, improving, and preserving the health of the Middle Susquehanna River Watershed, an approximate 11,000-square-mile area defined by the North and West Branches of the Susquehanna River, its tributaries, and drainage area. Residents of and visitors to the Middle Susquehanna River Watershed expect and deserve clean (swimmable, drinkable, and fishable) water.
Middle Susquehanna RIVERKEEPER® Association, Inc. was formed as a Pennsylvania non-profit corporation. As a self-funded organization, the Association supports the efforts of the Middle Susquehanna RIVERKEEPER® and is a 501(c)(3) Organization, operating under the guidance of its umbrella organization, WATERKEEPER® Alliance, a 501(c)(3) Organization.
WATERKEEPER® Alliance licensed Carol Parenzan to be the Middle Susquehanna RIVERKEEPER® in July 2015. “Waterkeeper Alliance is thrilled to have Carol Parenzan to be the eyes, ears, and voice for this vital watershed,” said Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Waterkeeper Alliance President. “The theft of our public waters by polluters,” said Mr. Kennedy, “is not acceptable. Carol is the right leader to fight for clean water in the region.”
Waterkeeper Alliance is a global movement uniting more than 300 Waterkeeper groups around the world, focusing citizen action on issues that affect our waterways, from pollution to climate change. The Waterkeeper movement patrols and protects over 2.75 million square miles of rivers, lakes, and coastlines in the Americas, Europe, Australia, Asia and Africa. For more information, please visit waterkeeper.org.
The Middle Susquehanna RIVERKEEPER® is an active participant in WATERKEEPERS® Chesapeake,
a consortium of WATERKEEPERS®serving the Chesapeake Bay and her tributaries.
And proud members of:
Top image photo credit: Susquehanna River Valley Visitors Bureau